BTEC Level 3 Handcuff Trainer Award Courses 2020
To Book Your Place simply choose the date and the payment option below and click on the green ‘Sign Up’ button.
Next Course: Friday 3rd April 2020
Venue: Lilleshall National Sports Centre, near Newport, Shropshire TF10 9LQ
You Will Also Find These Videos Useful
The Main Aims of the Course are:
To qualify individuals as NFPS Level 3 Handcuff and Soft-Cuff Trainers and certificate them with the BTEC Level 3 Awarding Body Certificate.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
1. Understand the primary reason for handcuffing.
2. Understand the Health & Safety implications, including Sections 2 and 3 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Regulation 3(1) of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the requirements of PUWER as well as the implications of the new Health and Safety Offences Act 2008 and the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
3. Understand the law, including compliance with: Section 3 (1) of the Criminal Law Act 1967, Common Law, Section 117 PACE and Articles 5, 3 and 2 of the Human Rights Act 1998.
4. Understand other areas of guidance if required such as: The Mental Health Act Code of Practice and NICE guidelines.
5. Understand the medical implications of handcuffing, including positional asphyxia.
6. Demonstrate how to apply handcuffs and soft cuffs to a passive subject.
7. Demonstrate how to apply handcuffs to an aggressive subject.
8. Demonstrate how to remove handcuffs correctly.
This is very important as by having formal instruction and assessment in all of the above you will be able to evidence that you have been trained to a National Vocational Standard which will be of massive benefit to you should your competence and ability ever be challenged.
New Soft-Cuff Trainers Training
This Advanced Handcuff Trainers Course will now also include training in the use of Soft-Cuffs which are a less intrusive option than traditional handcuffs. To see more and watch a short video on the benefits of these cuffs click the ‘Course Options’ Tab at the top of this text.
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the following certification:
1. NFPS Level 3 Handcuff Instructor Accreditation.
2. A BTEC Level 3 Award Certificate in The Use of Restraint Equipment.
1 Day – Cost £275.00 + Vat
£1200.00 + Vat Per Day + £85.00 + Vat per Awarding Body Level 3 Certificate + 0.53 pence per mile travelling expenses + Accommodation and Meals where an overnight stay is required
Soft Cuff Option
The BTEC Level 3 Trainers Award Course now also includes training trainers in the use and application of the new Soft-Cuff, which is an amazing and well-overdue piece of equipment that has many beneficial applications, that will qualify you to deliver training to end users in this piece of equipment too.
Another option for you is that whilst you are in date, and provided that you are Licensed with us to run the BTEC Level 2 Award, we will issue NFPS Level 2 certificates for you at a cost of only £10.00 + vat per person.
This gives you three certification options:
1. Offer your clients your own in-house certificate (please note that no NFPS logos or Awarding Body logos may be used).
2. Offer your clients an NFPS Level 2 Certificate at £10.00 + vat per certificate requested. This option is only available whilst you are in date for your training within a 12 month period.
3. Offer your clients a BTEC Level 2 Certificate at £50.00 + vat per certificate requested. This option is only available whilst you are in date for your training within a 12 month period.
The cost of the course includes instruction, a Manual, Workbook, Powerpoint Presentations, Quicktime Instructional Movies, NFPS Level 3 Instructor Certification and an Awarding Body Instructor Certificate – Cost of only £275.00 + Vat (Limited Special Offer Price).
This gives you a clear audit trail in relation to your training so that you can evidence that you have been trained to a properly recognised Awarding Body standard by a properly qualified and suitably experienced and competent trainer.
This is very important if you are ever questioned or challenged about the standard of your qualification and expertise.
Delivery of BTEC Level 2 Awards on Completion
On completion of this course, you can opt to run our Awarding Body Level 2 Award in the Safe and Effective Use of Restraint Equipment via license through us giving you the option of advertising and offering your clients a National Vocational Qualification in this area.
This gives you a unique business advantage in your marketplace as the ability to offer these Awards is only available through us.