BTEC Level 2 Handcuffing Course
Course Code: HANDCOUR
Qualification: BTEC Level 2
Up to 10 people – £1440.00 (£1200.00 + £240.00 vat)
Up to 20 people – £2160.00 (£1800.00 + £360.00 vat)
All of our Level 2 courses are offered as in-house courses only or as an open course through one of our NFPS Approved License Centres. If you are interested in this course as an in-house option or if you would like to be contacted regarding possible dates of open courses that may be running please complete the form below.
The Main Aims of the Course
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the primary reason for handcuffing.
- Understand the Health & Safety implications, including Sections 2 and 3 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974,
- Regulation 3(1) of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the requirements of PUWER as well as the implications of the new Health and Safety Offences Act 2008 and the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
- Understand the law, including compliance with: Section 3 (1) of the Criminal Law Act 1967, Common Law, Section 117 PACE and Articles 5, 3 and 2 of the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Understand other areas of guidance – if required – such as: The Mental Health Act Code of Practice and NICE guidelines.
- Understand the medical implications of handcuffing, including positional asphyxia.
- Demonstrate how to apply handcuffs to a passive subject.
- Demonstrate how to apply handcuffs to an aggressive subject.
- Demonstrate how to remove handcuffs correctly.
Next Course Dates & Prices
This course is normally delivered under License by our Licensed Centres of which you can see a list of by going to our Licensed Centres page
Any individual expected to use restraint equipment (handcuffs) as part of their operational role.